Thursday, March 29, 2007

Arranged Marriage

Ours was a conventional ‘Arranged' marriage. Horoscopes were matched, parents met first, photos exchanged and then of course, we met too.

Both our parents were quite broad-minded and patient. We were allowed to meet and speak how may ever times it took us to decide. No pressure on deciding. It’s a different matter that we met just twice and decided that this was it!!!

In that context, I really feel, ‘Arranged’ is probably jus the right word…. When I met Arjun the first time, we hardly spoke on issues of importance…I think it mostly went off in just talking about each other's work (I remember cribbing about my strict boss!), about movies, about traveling, about cars (we both shared a passion for good cars and that was the single common thing!!), we even talked about mobile phone models! So that was all we did in the first meeting, by the beach side. It was obvious that we had to meet again and this time, really talk!

We met the next day at his place. We sat ourselves on the balcony and started chatting again. He is a palm-reader so he read my palm. Yes, a little better than talking about cars! He spoke about what he interpreted from my palm and that got us into long talks about life, expectations and hurdles. We must have spoken for almost 3-4 hours and then as we ran out of things to talk and up came some silence… I remember smiling at him and him smiling back. At that point, both of us decided that we were going ahead with this. It was just as simple as that!

It was probably something that we talked, that clicked, or something that we felt, the strong positive feeling. Only, we were having a conversation as normal as two strangers trying to get to know each other. Nothing that we talked could have helped us decide for sure that this was it….but yet, that vibe, that urge, was so strong & optimistic! It goes beyond human reasoning. That is when I to began to understand…that certain things were just meant to be. And so I believe that it truly was an ‘Arranged’ marriage
…only arranged by the supreme power above us!

2 comments:

nandu said...

maybe I am not the correct person to comment on this particular topic,but incredible way of making arranged marriage sound easy.

Mysteeque said...

I agree with Nandhini.. You mak arranged marriage sound just as simple as that.. I dont think thats the case withh everyone...but you sound rele convincing.
Way to go girl..